Well, we have been trying to enjoy our winter so far. For Christmas we went up to Washington to be with Kris' family. It was pretty fun and relaxing. We got to spend time with some of Kris' old pals from days past and then of course hanging with the family was nice. For New Years we wanted to go to our cabin and enjoy the snow. My dad was sick and everyone else decided that if there were no snowmobiles that they didn't want to come along so we snowshoed in and invited Josh and Kristin Sheldon to hang with us. It was pretty darn cold that night but we managed just fine. We played a great game of Phase 10 which I won (actually I don't really think we finished and I probably wasn't in the lead when we were done). We even stayed up until midnight. Last weekend we went up there again and this time we had the snowmobiles so the whole family came. It was awesome. There was lots of new snow and the weather was great. Kris also had his second interview for med school up at the U and he said that it went well. He has another interview at Duke on the 31st. We did find out that he is on the waiting list at Wake Forest so I guess we could either be in North Carolina or here when fall rolls around. Well, I guess that is about all for our lives. We'll try to keep you posted on what the outcome is.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Winter bliss
Well, we have been trying to enjoy our winter so far. For Christmas we went up to Washington to be with Kris' family. It was pretty fun and relaxing. We got to spend time with some of Kris' old pals from days past and then of course hanging with the family was nice. For New Years we wanted to go to our cabin and enjoy the snow. My dad was sick and everyone else decided that if there were no snowmobiles that they didn't want to come along so we snowshoed in and invited Josh and Kristin Sheldon to hang with us. It was pretty darn cold that night but we managed just fine. We played a great game of Phase 10 which I won (actually I don't really think we finished and I probably wasn't in the lead when we were done). We even stayed up until midnight. Last weekend we went up there again and this time we had the snowmobiles so the whole family came. It was awesome. There was lots of new snow and the weather was great. Kris also had his second interview for med school up at the U and he said that it went well. He has another interview at Duke on the 31st. We did find out that he is on the waiting list at Wake Forest so I guess we could either be in North Carolina or here when fall rolls around. Well, I guess that is about all for our lives. We'll try to keep you posted on what the outcome is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
thanks for the pictures, they are awesome! Love the cabin, wish I could have gone. Brian asks me how old the baby has to be before we can take her there and to lake powell. I'm not sure how to answer. Anyway, keep posting, we can't wait to hear the news about you guys!
Hey Jenny, I got your site from Rachel's page. Love the pics and it's fun to keep up with you guys. See ya around the Holman House...Melinda Curtis (Rachel's sis)
Seeing the pictures of you snowboarding makes me want to get out and into the mountains for some skiing!!
Post a Comment