Monday, August 4, 2008

Tweetsie Railroad



Well, this past week I kept hearing commercials on the radio about the Riders in the Sky performing at Tweetsie Railroad on Saturday and Sunday. I decided to look into it late Saturday morning and decided that it would be a great way to spend the rest of the birthday money my dad sent me. It was about 1.5 hours from here and the singing was great. There are some other attractions there like riding on the coal burning steam engine train. The train was cool but the acting at different stops was kind of lame. That's what you get at a place like that though. We took one of those antique photos which was pretty fun. While we were doing that it decided to rain. And rain it did for about 20 minutes. Then it cleared up and we tried to go on some of the rides but it looked like it would rain again and it was near closing time. It was a fun place and I'm glad we went. Now we know if anyone wants to come visit us, there is a little place that kids might enjoy not too far away.
Kris got put behind bars for talking back but he was able to get himself out with a wet shirt;)jk, that's what happens in Shanghi Noon.
I got to ride a real pony. It's back didn't even break.

5 comments:

Malma said...

looks fun! oh yeah..nice pony you got there.

Amanda Wilson said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. Kris isn't looking too out of place behind those bars either...

davidandsuzi said...

Hey Jenny! I found your blog off of Hollys. Let's be blogging buddies!

Sanford and Michelle said...

Hi guys! So Sharon and I were looking at your blog today and we commented on how nice it was to see you behind bars! lol!

Holly and Kevin said...

Looks like you guys are getting settled and having a good time. Kevin enjoyed talking to Kris the other day. Hope classes and all else is going well.