"I'm so cute!"
We were fortunate enough to have my mom come visit us and help us out about a week after Denzil was born. I felt bad because we didn't go and do too much but it was nice to chat and have someone else in the house with me while I figured things out. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of my mom with the baby but he loved to snuggle with her and to have her sing songs to him.
This is a picture of Denzil's first bath. He didn't really like it a whole lot but each time gets a little better for him.
The day after my mom left Kris' mom came out to visit for another week. We were so spoiled to have such help.
Since I was feeling much better by then we were able to get out a little bit more. We made a trip up to Mt. Airy (Mayberry) where Andy Griffith grew up. We went on Labor day so most of the stores weren't open but it was fun to walk around a bit and to eat a nice big ice cream cone. Denzil did great in the baby bjorn.
Today I took him to JC Penney and got some pictures taken of him. He did really well considering he hadn't eaten in about 3 hours. By the end he was a bit too cranky but we were able to get a couple of cute ones. Next photo shoot will be in his blessing outfit but I think it might be a bit big on him just yet. We'll have to see when the next fast Sunday is to decide when we want to have him blessed.


Denzil went to his first BYU football game when they played Oklahoma. We watched it over at the medical school in one of the lecture rooms because the school has access to ESPN360. He did really well and was able to sleep a little bit. I was surprised that he didn't get startled or upset when we cheered for the Cougs.
I just like this outfit. He is starting to fit into some of his clothes now. I have been pretty worried that he wasn't getting enough food even though I have a plethora of milk to go around, so yesterday I took him over to the hospital to the lactation people just to have him weighed. Just in case you forgot, when he was born he weighed 6 lbs 12.6 oz. When we left the hospital he weighed 6 lbs 7 oz. When we went for our first appt just a few days after leaving the hospital he weighed 6 lbs 9 oz and at his 2 week appt he was 7 lbs 10 oz. You may think I'm crazy thinking he wasn't getting enough but sometimes he doesn't seem to eat very much but what do I know. So yesterday he weighed in at 8 lbs 12 oz so my fears/concerns were calmed and I'm realizing that he is getting bigger each day. Hopefully my muscles are too.
12 comments:
yes, first comment!! He is sooo Jenny-- the cutest thing! I hope he does some of your childhoo face expressions-- you know what I'm talking about! Love you get ready to skype!
Those are some dang cute pictures! He must be related to me;) Seriously though he does remind me of Sam...I wonder if they'll look a little alike. Hope all is well
8 pounds 12!! That is so big! That's how I always am too... I think they're not getting enough milk and get all worried about it... but they are!!
He is so cute! I think he looks a lot like you, what seems to be the general consensus? I love the BYU outfit!
I love seeing new pictures of him and hearing how things are going. He is so cute!!
He looks like he's growing nicely. What a cute boy. Hope you're getting some rest. --Holly (of Kevin and Holly)
I'm glad you're recovering! Kris looks a bit dressed up to be bathing a kid... and I LOVE the pic of Jean and Denzil! Miss you guys!
That kid is insanely cute!
He looks like a little man. He is a very good baby. I am always so jealous of those that have a "plethora" of milk. I didn't get a chance to tell you on Sunday, but I think that you look amazing! It is so neat to see your little family of 3 now!
So cute. I love his BYU outfit. What a little darling. It is totally normal to worry that your baby isn't getting enough to eat because you can't tell. So glad he is growing so well.
He is a really beautiful baby! he doesn't even look like an alien. Thanks for posting the pictures and the stories. Every step is such a thrill (sometimes in crazy disgusting ways), isn't it?
What a handsome little guy! I love the updated pics and I'm glad to hear that things are becoming normal for you guys! He totally looks like you, Jen! Soooooo cute!
Post a Comment