Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas Break

Christmas break was another fun chance to make it back out west. We were able to stay in Utah for a week and in Washington for a week. It is always great to be able to see family and friends. Mostly everyone just wants to see Denzil though :). We sure wish we were a little closer.

Christmas lights at Temple Square with Jenny's family. It snowed a little but we stayed warm.

This is a great little toy store called Blickenstaff's in Provo. Here's the little guy making the rodeo look easy.

Denzil loves playing with balls, especially like this at the Children's Museum. He had a fun time with all the little exhibits they have to play on there.

Picking out some good fruits and veggies from the Farmer's Market at the Children's Museum.

Hiking up Millcreek Canyon on Christmas Eve.

Hayride and caroling in the neighborhood with the all the families.

This shirt was Denzil's gift from us. It's tough to read, but it says "I'm going to be a Big Brother." It's true, starting in July.

The weather was a bit wet for the week in SLC, but Christmas Day was beautiful. We headed up Big Cottonwood Canyon and went snowshoeing up to Willow Lake near Brighton. It wasn't too long, the weather was great, and the snow was wonderful. Jenny's dad came with us.


Found a soft spot when we were pulling out. Had to dig for a few minutes then we were able to drive right out.

Multnomah Falls, OR. The tallest waterfall in Oregon (620 ft combined) and the 3rd tallest year-round waterfall in the US. We went for a drive to see the Columbia River Gorge.

This is the Portland Children's Museum. Denzil loves the water and couldn't get enough of the water area that they have.

Jenny and Jaxon (our nephew) on our first geocaching adventure.

We were driving in the mountains near home and Jaxon asked if we could stop and have a snowball fight. We accepted the invitation. What a fun day.

8 comments:

Eric and Justine said...

I noticed that you had a new baby widget going :) would you mind emailing me any pics that you got of eric and I while you were here, thamks

Rachel said...

Jenny,
Congrats! That is so great. I hope one day to meet all these little offsprings. Hope you are feeling well.

Rebecca said...

Congrats! We're so happy for you guys!

Caryn said...

Arabaina! Wooohoo for you guys on the zazakely. ps. I'm jealous that you got to go to Utah.

Garett and Rachel said...

What awesome pictures!

Rachel said...

Congratulations on baby #2! So happy for you!

M and K said...

Jenny!!! When I got on, I noticed the baby countdown and then scrolled through and saw the news.Congrats on the new bambino. Looks like you had a fun trip.

Elyse and Steve said...

You guys have way too much fun! I miss you guys!