Sunday, July 24, 2011

Welcome McKinley Susan Foote!!


Tuesday July 19 we welcomed McKinley Susan to our family. The story goes like this. On Monday we went to the mall to play with friends in a cool environment and when everyone else left we got some lunch and then did a little shopping. I started to feel a few contractions while we were out. When we got home I started timing them and they were somewhere between 10-12 minutes apart. Kris had to work that evening so I told him to be prepared. I kept track and by the time he got home after 12 the contractions were about 8 minutes apart. I tried to go to sleep but I couldn't get comfortable so I watched TV and kept track with a little bit of sleep in between. By 6 am the contractions were about 6-7 minutes apart and getting stronger. By 7 I knew that Kris wasn't going to be able to go to work and we got things ready to go to the hospital. By the time we were in the car the contractions were pretty painful. We dropped off Denzil at our friends and headed in to the hospital. When I got there my water wasn't broken but I was dilated to about a 6.5 so we were admitted. Because I'm a carrier for group B strep, the doctor said they weren't going to break my water to speed things up. I have to have antibiotics and it is best if they are in my system for 8 hrs before the birth. So we got hooked up and I got my epidural and was able to get a little bit of rest. Just after 12 noon I felt queezy and threw up. I must have broken my water at that point. When the nurse checked me a while later she said I was to an 8 and that it was broken. By 2:45 I was getting ready to push to get the baby in the right spot and then after a few more pushes we had McKinley out in the world. Kris was able to catch her like he did with Denzil. It was pretty awesome! When the nurses were checking her out they said she sounded like she had some "grunting" noise with her cry so they called the NICU to check her out. They decided that it would be best to take her to the NICU to monitor her for a couple of hours. This is her in the NICU. She was looking pretty content just chillin under the warmer.

We are now a family of 4!
Yay! Let's go home!

12 comments:

Page said...

YAY!! So happy for you and your pretty little girl! She already looks like a two-month-old in the last picture! Can't wait to meet her.

Caryn said...

Yay! Yay! and Yay! I'm so glad it all seemed to go so well. She has a really cute face! but I'm not sure who she looks like. Fast pushing - nice job! I was so amazed when Kaden was born at how quickly he fit in and how much love we had for him. Best wishes and Have fun with your family of 4!

Anonymous said...

congrats! she is adorable!

Roseann said...

Oh, she is so cute! So happy for you and your family.

Starlee said...

She is adorable! Congrats Foote Family! :)

Anonymous said...

That's so amazing! It's wonderful to have one of each, we are both very blessed!

M and K said...

Huzzah!! What a cutie pie. No red hair this time? Have fun with your family of four!

Rachel said...

Having both a boy and a girl is the BEST! (I speak from experience...) Congratulations on such a sweet new arrival!

Jeff said...

Congratulations Kris and Jenny, what a beautiful little girl, and what a great looking family! Nice work!

Elyse and Steve said...

I've been wanting to hear the story. It sounds like things went well. I agree with Page that Mckinley looks older than she is. Again, I'm so happy for you guys!

Darla said...

COngrats!! What a doll baby. So happy.

Mike and Steph said...

Jen! She is precious! I LOVE that last picture, it should be framed and on her wall!!! you look great, and I'm glad to hear the birth went well! What a cute family of 4!