Denzil had a birthday, shout Hooray! We were going to try to get a few friends together for cake and ice cream but in the end it was just our family. It was great though. In the morning we had him open his present, CAT trucks and a Mater truck. He loves them and can name the CAT trucks correctly. We went to church and then after nap Kris made some cupcakes.

I have a video of Denzil singing happy birthday to himself but I haven't had much success with uploading videos on here so you'll just have to imagine what it was like. We had to light the candles and sing several times because Happy Birthday is one of his favorite songs. He was able to blow the candles out himself a couple of the times.

The first thing (and really the only thing) Denzil ate off of his cupcake was the chocolate chip eyes. We put eyes on Elmo several times because he didn't really want to eat the rest of the cupcake. Kris also made Cookie Monster cupcakes.

Happy Birthday to our sweet Denzil! We are so happy to have him and to watch him grow and learn everyday. At his 2 yr appt he was 27 lbs 2.5 oz (40 %), 34 inches tall (40%), and 19.5 inches head circumference (73%). He speaks very well and loves to sing songs and read books. His favorite toys right now are cars, trucks, planes, and trains. He has been lining them up when he plays with them and now takes them to bed with him sometimes because we got rid of the paci. No, it's not because he turned 2 but because he decided to play in his diaper during nap time and it was no longer sanitary. He's done pretty well without it but now we have a few minutes of crying sometimes when he is going to take a nap or go to bed. He still is taking pretty long naps usually, 3+ hrs, and bedtime is supposed to be at 8 but we haven't been so strict with the summer time. He loves nursery now and loves his friends. We love you Denzil and hope this next year brings great adventures and lots of learning!
3 comments:
Happy birthday to Denzil and congratulations on the new little one. I guess I missed that update! Kevin wants to know if Kris delivered Mckinley. We just had our own little one about three weeks ago. Aren't they sweet?!
ok-I'm feeling like a jerk. I can't remember if we called to sing to Denzil or not. I'm thinking we forgot because I was starting to have contractions that day. Sorry and we all hope he had a great birthday! P.S. the kids have decided that Nathan looks like Danzil. I'm pretty sure they decided that because they both think Denzil is so cute and fun.
I can't wait for you guys to come out here!
Post a Comment