Friday, July 18, 2008
Road Trip
I wish we had one of those cool maps like in Indiana Jones that follows where you go with a red line on the map. We have been driving cross country to North Carolina. We have stopped at several pioneer sites and places where some of our ancestors walked across the plains as they moved west with the pioneers. Martin's Cove, Winter Quarters, and Liberty Jail were quick stops. We spent a day and a half in Nauvoo, IL. The pageant was really impressive and the historic homes and workshops were fun to see. There is a very special feeling there as you se how the pioneers lived and what they gave up for their beliefs. Now we are in Cincinnati with Jenny's cousin, then tomorrow it is on to NC. We have been fortunate to have friends to impose upon and crash with as we travel. Union Station was a neat place to visit in Kansas City as well as a neat sculpture of Winston Churchill, thanks to Garrett. I am excited to start getting settled in, and I'm both nervous and excited for all that is ahead. Sorry no pics on this one, we'll have some posted when we get to NC.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We miss you guys already! Good to hear about the stops you've made. Can't wait to see pictures.
I'm sad we didnt get to see you guys. I'm glad you enjoyed Kansas City.
I've got the picture of the 4 of us on our blog - you can download it from there if you want to add to the chronicles of your trip.
Post a Comment