Friday was test #2 for Kris and so we had the weekend to spend some time together without having to do much studying. We decided to make a trip to Stone Mountain State Park despite the gas crisis that was going down here in NC. Apparently we get all of our oil/gas from Texas and since they shut things down for the hurricane there was a sort of panic here. Anyway, we had a great time. I didn't know that we were going to be doing the stair master in the mountains but we did and it was fun. The hike we did went up and over the top of the mountain and back around. It was 3.8 miles. It's nothing like the mountains of Utah but they are still beautiful and I'm excited to see them when the leaves change. Word on the street is that it is breath taking.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Friday was test #2 for Kris and so we had the weekend to spend some time together without having to do much studying. We decided to make a trip to Stone Mountain State Park despite the gas crisis that was going down here in NC. Apparently we get all of our oil/gas from Texas and since they shut things down for the hurricane there was a sort of panic here. Anyway, we had a great time. I didn't know that we were going to be doing the stair master in the mountains but we did and it was fun. The hike we did went up and over the top of the mountain and back around. It was 3.8 miles. It's nothing like the mountains of Utah but they are still beautiful and I'm excited to see them when the leaves change. Word on the street is that it is breath taking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Looks fun! I still want to explore the hikes etc. around here.
That looks awesome. I just have to say that you two are made for each other. I'm glad you're having fun out there.
I can't wait to see the leaves change too! I hear that it is beautiful! We should get together to drive to the Blue Ridge Parkway for the leaves!!!
You guys look happy, I'm glad you're getting to see the east coast "mountains"! I still remember when we moved west and were blown away by the drive to Lake Merwin...!
You always do such fun things! Cute you to are!
Post a Comment