Well, last week the weather was awesome. So great in fact that Kris couldn't stand letting it waste away and so we took another trip to Pilot Mountain. This time we did some rock climbing. We are both very out of practice and so it was a bit rough but we had a good time and we will probably be going there again. Most of the climbs are top rope so that makes it nice for people like us who need to build up their strength but still want to have fun. It was a gorgeous day but I got eaten alive by the mosquitoes there while we were reading at a picnic table. The price you pay for not wearing long pants.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Pilot Mountain, again
Well, last week the weather was awesome. So great in fact that Kris couldn't stand letting it waste away and so we took another trip to Pilot Mountain. This time we did some rock climbing. We are both very out of practice and so it was a bit rough but we had a good time and we will probably be going there again. Most of the climbs are top rope so that makes it nice for people like us who need to build up their strength but still want to have fun. It was a gorgeous day but I got eaten alive by the mosquitoes there while we were reading at a picnic table. The price you pay for not wearing long pants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am dying to try rock climbing. One thing I have learned about mosquitoes is you can never be too safe. I always take repellant. Love the pics of Kris studying. I remember many times taking naps after track in the student athlete study center thing...Dont miss that place!
You two are so adventurous, I'm a bit jealous.
Post a Comment