Monday, November 17, 2008

Lexington Barbecue Festival 2008
















I don't know if you have heard the word on the street but it is that Lexington, NC has the best barbecue pork in the world. I'm not sure if I entirely agree with that but I don't think my opinion from the west really means much out here. There is a festival that has been held for the last 25 years on the main street in Lexington. They have several stages set up so that groups can sing, there are rides, lots of little shopping places like at the fair, and of course the food. We had pork sandwiches which probably would have been a lot better had the buns not been totally soaked and smooshy. They have a spot where they display painted pigs. When the festival is not on they have some of them displayed throughout town. It kind of reminded me of the painted buffalo that are found in different places throughout Utah. Anyway, it was fun and that might be because we went early and it was raining a bit so the crowds weren't as terrible as people told me they would be. 

No comments: