Sunday, September 5, 2010

What we have been up to lately

Lifting weights
Dash baseball game. They just got a new field/stadium this year and it was very nice. The first thing Kris said as we got there was "It smells like a locker room." It was pretty hot and muggy that night but we enjoyed ourselves.

A visit to the Children's Museum. We had a get in free coupon so I decided we should check it out. Denzil is still a bit young for it but I think he still had a great time.
My birthday celebration along with our friend Elyse.
A trip to Utah. Denzil found this part of a black eyed Susan on the deck at the cabin and decided to taste it. He liked it so much that he bit off some of the seeds.
Swinging. Isn't this the coolest swing?! Denzil loved it and so did Kris and I. Thanks to those who thought of it.
Beautiful Fairview Lakes. We were able to spend several days at the cabin and enjoy the cool nights and not so bad daytime temps. We did a little bit of hiking, motorbiking, ATVing, fishing, and canoeing while we were there.


Celebrated Denzil's first birthday! He was signing "more" when the singing was through.
Even though it looks like he got a lot of the good stuff in his mouth he really just liked playing with the frosting and tasted a little bit of the cake that was in the bowl.
Boating at Jordanelle. We didn't get up there until after noon and it was already breezy. We thought it was going to be kind of rough, especially after we lost a towel in the lake shortly into our outing, but it turned out to be quite nice and we were able to enjoy some wakeboarding and the air chair. I thought I wasn't very good at the air chair but I surprised myself and was able to stay up for quite a while.
Eating watermelon. The last time I gave Denzil watermelon he wasn't too sure about it but he loved it this time. He just kept chomping it and loving every minute of it.

Swimming. The water was about 69 degrees so it was a bit chilly when you first jump in but Denzil loves the water and wanted to get in. He didn't even fuss a bit, just the quick breaths that everyone takes in chilly water when it gets up to your tummy and chest. He didn't hate the life jacket this time either.

Petting Zoo at Thanksgiving Point. Denzil liked tapping/pounding on the glass at these chicks. I think he enjoyed himself but wasn't too interested in petting any of the animals.
He had his first pony ride. When I first put him on the pony's back he cried but when they started moving he quieted down, but only for a minute. He didn't make it though the whole ride but it is a start to many riding experiences I'm sure. He had fun playing in the jail with his cousins here too.
The Aquarium. Denzil was able to touch a starfish and a sting ray. He seemed to like looking at all the fish and such. We had a great time with the cousins here.

Eclairs. Kris decided to make eclairs and Maddy was such a good helper with the cream filling.
Jungle Gym Clint.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Fun post! Looks like a lot of fun stuff. We tried finding the aquarium, where is it?

Roseann said...

Wow you fit a lot of fun stuff in there!

Davis and Laura said...

Man, busy bunch! So good to see what you guys have been up to and to see Denzil...he is so big!!! Cute!!