Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall fun

I don't believe I did a real Denzil is 1 year old update. At his doctor appointment he weighed in at 20 lbs 9 oz, was 30 inches tall, and his head circumference was 18.5 inches. That puts him about 15% for weight, 45% for height, and 60% for his head. He is really growing up a lot in the past few weeks. He loves to feed himself but me not wanting to deal with a huge mess, I'm a little reluctant. But, when we have some good finger foods I let him go to town. He likes to eat almost all the stuff we eat but some days he decides he doesn't want to. He loves to eat broccoli and carrots and on the fruit side he loves watermelon, bananas, and strawberries (which he prefers to eat when they are whole). He will eat orange slices but usually only one before he just squeezes it to death. He would squeeze the banana too if I let him hold it on his own. He has had 4 teeth grow in since the beginning of September. Some of the words that he can say besides mama and dada are this, that, ball (said like "ba"), ruff (dog), uh-oh, and sometimes he seems like he is trying to mimic what I'm saying. He is very curious and loves to get into anything. He loves his toys and especially his Little People Farm.
We got this caterpillar from the Dr. Handy's office and Denzil likes to lay on him and crawl on his back.

During our second Utah trip in so many weeks we took a walk to Wheeler Farm and saw all the animals. Denzil loved it! I brought a piece of bread with us to feed to the ducks but every time I gave Denzil a piece to throw it ended up in his mouth. So, Denzil probably ate half of the bread and the ducks got the other half from me. You may be wondering why I didn't get him out of the stroller at this time, well I did take him out for a few minutes but all he wanted to do was play in the water. Let me just say, gross.
Denzil had a nice little 4-wheeler ride with me. I know he doesn't have a helmet on but I think it would have been more dangerous for him to have the large helmets on his head that we had. It's a cabin community so we didn't go real fast. When I started going he said "weeeeee!"
Denzil decided to help out Grandpa Holman with weeding his flower garden. Yep, he pulled up a flower but there were only leaves left and I'm a bit surprised at that. He was pulling those off before he got the whole thing to come out of the ground.
This past weekend we went for a nice ride on the Virginia Creeper trail. It was basically all down hill on the section that we did which was 17 miles. We considered riding back up but decided that our rumpus' wouldn't be too happy with us. We need to ride our bikes more to be up for that but we want to go back again and maybe do the other half. Supposedly it is more level so we might actually have to pedal our bikes to get from point A to point B. Denzil loved being in the trailer. He was even making it a fun ride for Kris by rocking forward and back over and over again.

Denzil is getting a little better about not eating all the rocks, just trying to eat a few.

No comments: