Thursday, June 17, 2010

Utah Trip

So my dad has 2 lambs named Chocolate Milk and White Milk by my niece Kate. We decided to change the one name to Creamy because I thought White Milk was too plain. They had to be bottle fed every day at 8, 2 & 8 so we had plenty of opportunities to feed them. They are sure cute and I'm sure they will taste delicious after they are sufficiently fattened up;)

The mark on Denzil's face came the day before we went on our long vacation. He was climbing on a plastic file box that we had in our room and he slipped and caught the corner.

A few of the activities that we enjoyed while we were in Utah was a trip to Jungle Jim's (small rides for little kids) where Denzil and his cousin Nicalee played together a little bit.
We went to Wheeler Farm a few times. This one we went to milk the cows. It was pretty fun but I wish that the workers weren't in such a hurry to get it done.

We celebrated Denzil's 9 month birthday. There was cake and ice cream and presents! Actually it was Nicalee's 1st birthday but they are exactly 3 months apart and since I didn't get a post done for his 9 months here is a snap shot of him at the party. He is getting so big and learning so much. At his 9 month appointment he weighed 19 lbs 5.8 oz and was 28 inches. I think his head circumference was 18 in but I don't remember for sure. Either way, he is a healthy growing boy crawling around everything. During our trip Denzil started tasting some of the things I was eating like pancakes, waffles, french toast, cherrio's, watermelon, cantaloupe, chicken, turkey, cheese, bread, and a berry smoothie from Costco. He has liked almost everything so far, except the cantaloupe, but we will keep on giving him whatever as long as he opens his mouth for it.


1 comment:

Candy Lee said...

You guys are always taking such fun trips with Denzil! He's had such an exciting 9 months! And he's a beautiful baby, that might have something to do with the awesome birthday!