Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July weekend

Since the 4th was on a Sunday we were able to celebrate all weekend long since Kris didn't have school on Monday. We were debating whether to go camping or not but at the last minute decided that it would be too crowded and we wouldn't be able to get to where we wanted to go until late in the evening decreasing the chances of finding an open spot. So, Saturday we went and had waffles and water baseball at our friends house. Denzil had a great time playing in one of the little blow up pools. I forgot to bring swimsuits for us all so he was the only one who got really wet.
After that we went to Denton for the Old Threshers Reunion. I don't know if you recognize these guys but they are the Riders in the Sky who we saw almost 2 years ago at Tweetsie. We just listened for a few minutes but they are kind of fun.
It was a place filled with old tractors, part of an old plantation (some old buildings like the kitchen, smokehouse, corn crib, black smith shop etc), draft horse demonstrations, horse pull, and some expensive not always the best fair food (at least the place that we picked). We had a great time despite the heat.

For the evening we went to someone's house with our friends and watched some private fireworks. They were pretty great except for the one that tipped over and started shooting fireworks in our direction. Needless to say, we ran pretty quick and then we stayed farther back to avoid another such experience.


4 comments:

Eric and Justine said...

Jenny, paul lite a bottlerocket that came right at me. Me and Melinda screeeemed! I thought I caught on fire it was so close..yikes!

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

My friend's hair was singed a bit but we were standing right behind them so she got the brunt of it. At least no one got really hurt.

Mike and Steph said...

Oh, Jen, You have done such a great job keeping up with your blog. I love it! I'm so sad I missed you guys up in Utah...Ah, well, maybe next time!