A few weeks ago we had the opportunity to go to DC for the weekend. If you remember, Kris did some research last summer about hardware to help with "hammer toe." Well, they submitted his stuff to the Foot & Ankle Society and they had their meeting in DC so Kris was able to go to it and took us along for a weekend away. The meeting was in the morning and part of the afternoon so Denzil and I went to the National Zoo one morning. It was great! Denzil seemed to see a lot of the animals and didn't fuss at all, except when I walked through the misters when he was trying to sleep. We were able to see the orangutan up close, a baby gorilla, panda bears and a whole bunch of other animals and sea creatures. That evening we went over to the historic Alexandria and walked around town, ate Thai food, and had some ice cream. Oh, and I just have to say thank you to Russ and Sara for introducing me to putting a blanket or something over the top of the pack n'play. It can be hard to put a kid down in a hotel room when he can see you and wonder why you aren't playing with him but the blanket did the trick (of course we left one part uncovered so he had fresh air). The next day was rainy so Denzil and I just hung out and had breakfast and then he took a nap. When Kris was finished we went to Arlington Cemetery and watched the changing of the guard and visited my great uncle's grave. Then we went to the Iwo Jima monument and drove home. It was a great weekend and almost made me want a king size bed.


2 comments:
D.C. Looks so fun! And it reminds me of how easy it is to do things with only one young child. Those were the days!
I love your pics! Denzil just makes me smile! I can't believe he's just about 1. ps when r u getting here?
Post a Comment